Easter Road Park Halt

Opened: 1950.

Easter Road Park Halt was a single-platform station on the Leith Central Branch which was opened during 1950. It served football fans arriving at the Hibernian F.C. ground at Easter Road, but was used by arriving trains only. Returning passengers used Abbeyhill Station on the nearby Abbeyhill loop. Easter Road Park Halt was disused by 1967.


BR Standard Class 5 4-6-0 No. 73122 arrives at Easter Road Park Halt on 15th October, 1960, with the 12.51pm football special from Glasgow Queen Street with supporters for a Hibs v. Celtic match. [W.A.C. Smith]

Lochend North Junction


BR Standard Class 5 4-6-0 No. 73108 approaches Lochend North Junction on the Leith Central Branch with the 1.10pm football special from Glasgow Queen Street to Easter Road Park Halt on 15th October, 1960. This was the second of two special trains provided for supporters travelling to a Hibs v. Celtic match that day. [W.A.C. Smith]

Leith Central

Opened: 1st July, 1903.
Closed to passengers: 7th April, 1952.
Closed to all traffic: 1st May, 1972.


Preserved Great North of Scotland Railway Class F (LNER Class D40) 4-4-0 No. 49 'Gordon Highlander' stands outside Leith Central Station at the head of the SLS/BLS 'Scottish Rambler No. 4' railtour on 19th April, 1965. The train is standing on the now-demolished bridge over the foot of Easter Road. Full details of the railtour can be found here. [W.A.C. Smith]

Collapse )